Gooze provides tutorials to help you implement PKI, CA and SSO free software solutions under GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. These tutorials are available in PDF format. You may also download all-in-one CD/DVD images with Open Source software and documentation.
If you are looking for an unofficial guide about Feitian OATH tokens, please read:
OATH / OTP tokens howto.
Smart card installation
Read our Smart card quickstarter guide: learn how to install and initialize a cryptographic device under GNU/Linux, Mac OS X or Windows.
The tutorial covers all steps, including:
- Choosing a smart card and/or a crypto token
- Installation under GNU/Linux, Mac OS X or Windows
- PIN code setting
- Creation of a RSA key pair and of a self-signed X.509 certificate
- Basic smart card management
- Smart card troubleshooting
Gooze is now actively supporting the CAcert.org project.
Use this area to contribute to CAcert token documentation:
- CAcert token HOWTO
You may also read our slide of workshops, which are a good introduction to smartcards:
- Debian Miniconf Paris 2010, smartcard workshop (PDF format)
After reading our quickstarter guide, discover the usage of smart cards with applications.
Using SSH and SCP with smartcards:
- Using OpenSSH with smartcards (GNU/Linux and Mac OS X)
- CrytoTerm smartcard and USB token howto (Windows only)
- Using Putty and WinSCP with smart cards (Windows only)
Web SSL Authentication:
Email signing and encryption:
- Outlook (coming)
- Thunderbird (coming)
- Evolution (coming)
Single Sign-On (SSO):
- GNU/Linux smartcard logon using PAM-P11
- GNU/Linux smartcard logon using PAM-PKCS11
- Windows logon using smarcards
- MacOS X Keychain logon using smarcards
Virtual Private Networks (VPN):
PKI and Certification Authority (CA) management: