Embedded platform running GNU/Linux, FreeBSD or any derived distributions with web interface. Low power consumption. No moving parts, reliable and durable.
The kit includes:
1 x ALIX 3D2 board (LX800, 256 MB, 1 LAN, 2 miniPCI, USB).
1 x box2c enclosure (1 LAN USB).
1 x DVD with Debian and pfSense® installer and community documentation.
The kit is mounted by our technical services.
For installing software, read GOOZE ALIX boards HOWTOs.
- CPU: 500 MHz AMD Geode LX800.
- VPN hardware acceleration if the requested drivers are used.
- DRAM: 256 MB DDR DRAM.
- Storage: CompactFlash socket.
- Power: DC jack or passive POE, min. 7V to max. 20V.
- Three front panel LEDs, pushbutton.
- Expansion: 2 miniPCI slot, LPC bus.
- Connectivity: 1 Ethernet channel (Via VT6105M 10/100).
- I/O: DB-9 serial male port, dual USB port.
- No video output. No audio output. Only serial console (buy cable on this page).
- Firmware: tinyBIOS.
The ALIX 3D2 kit can be used to build the following network appliances:
* pfSense® Open-Source Firewall.
* MoNowall Open-Source Firewall.
* Askozia Asterisk VoIP appliance.
* VPN Access.
* FreeRadius server.
* Certificate Authority (CA) server.
* OpenERP server.
* PostgreSQL/MySQL server.
* FOAS Server (license to be purchased separately).
If you are using a free operating system for a network appliance, you should be aware that ***MOST*** systems offer backward keys which enable an attacker to become root during reboot. Read this article Forgotten Password with Locked Console about an attacker becoming root upon pfSense® boot. Therefore, for any important application, we recommend you to lock the embedded platform in a safe cabinet or safe room, as ANY network appliance.
Building your system
Browse this page down and add:
- a power adapter, European or UK plug.
- a flash card (CF), from 1G to 8G.
- an Operating System if needed.
- a connection cable from USB (your computer) to DB-9 Null-Modem Female (the Alix board). Plug-and-play under GNU/Linux, Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS X.
pfSense® is a registered trademark and service mark owned by Electric Sheep Fencing LLC.