Embedded platform running GNU/Linux, FreeBSD or any derived distributions with web interface. Low power consumption. No moving parts, reliable and durable.
The kit includes:
1 x ALIX 3D2 board (LX800, 256 MB, 1 LAN, 2 miniPCI, USB).
1 x box2c enclosure (1 LAN USB).
1 x DVD with Debian and pfSense installer and community documentation.
The kit is mounted by our technical services.
For installing software, read GOOZE ALIX boards HOWTOs.
- CPU: 500 MHz AMD Geode LX800.
- VPN hardware acceleration if the requested drivers are used.
- DRAM: 256 MB DDR DRAM.
- Storage: CompactFlash socket.
- Power: DC jack or passive POE, min. 7V to max. 20V.
- Three front panel LEDs, pushbutton.
- Expansion: 2 miniPCI slot, LPC bus.
- Connectivity: 1 Ethernet channel (Via VT6105M 10/100).
- I/O: DB-9 serial male port, dual USB port.
- No video output. No audio output. Only serial console (buy cable on this page).
- Firmware: tinyBIOS.
The ALIX 3D2 kit can be used to build the following network appliances:
* pfSense Open-Source Firewall.
* MoNowall Open-Source Firewall.
* Askozia Asterisk VoIP appliance.
* VPN Access.
* FreeRadius server.
* Certificate Authority (CA) server.
* OpenERP server.
* PostgreSQL/MySQL server.
* FOAS Server (license to be purchased separately).
If you are using a free operating system for a network appliance, you should be aware that ***MOST*** systems offer backward keys which enable an attacker to become root during reboot. Read this article Forgotten Password with Locked Console about an attacker becoming root upon pfSense boot. Therefore, for any important application, we recommend you to lock the embedded platform in a safe cabinet or safe room, as ANY network appliance.
Building your system
Browse this page down and add:
- a power adapter, European or UK plug.
- a flash card (CF), from 1G to 8G.
- an Operating System if needed.
- a connection cable from USB (your computer) to DB-9 Null-Modem Female (the Alix board). Plug-and-play under GNU/Linux, Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS X.