Skip to main content

ePass2003 driver integration process into OpenSC [Fixed]

Posted in

Dear friends,

We receive daily emails asking ***when*** the ePass2003 driver will be included into OpenSC main release.

The short answer is "very soon".

Your rating: None

Re: ePass2003 driver integration proccess into OpenSC

Here is a list of platforms that we are working on.
On some platforms, we will also need to release an updated pcsc-lite package to support the ePass2003.

GNU/Linux:

* Debian sid 368/amd64/arm
* Debian wheezy 368/amd64/arm
* Debian squeeze 368/amd64/arm

* Ubuntu precise 368/amd64
* Ubuntu oneiric 368/amd64
* Ubuntu natty 368/amd64
* Ubuntu maverick 368/amd64

* Fedora 15
* Fedora 16
* Fedora 17 586/AMD64/ARM

* Cent OS 6

* OpenSuse 12.1
* OpenSuse 11.4

Mac OS X

* Mac OS X 10.7
* Mac OS X 10.6

Windows:

* x32 msi
* x64 msi

Will keep you updated as soon as packages are available.
Feel free to ask for more platforms, if needed.

Good news: epass2003 should enter OpenSC staging branch:
http://www.opensc-project.org/pipermail/opensc-devel/2012-March/017723.html

There is an pull request to the OpenSC project in the entersafe git now.

But there also is an commit "modified apdu.c: Modified wrap and unwrap apdu into do_single_transmit" but with this commit applied several things (e.g. pkcs15-init -E) seem not to work anymore.

Please check if you can reproduce that - would be a pity if epass2003 gets into mainline opensc but is broken.

OK, thanks. I am not really worried as the main OpenSC trunk could be OpenSC-SM.

I sure hope it will include support for the 386, but perhaps 368 is some unknown better variant ;-)

Is the 'Ubuntu precise amd64' with the build instructions mentioned above already tested? Or is that one of the platforms that needs an updated pcsc-lite?

I'm asking for I have thusfar been unable to produce self-signed certificate for my ePass2003 on this platform (for some time now, even freshly compiled today) and only one of the old build instructions from the entersafe repositories has worked so far under "Ubuntu oneiric i386".

I will test that tomorrow on our testing platform. We already opened a support issue on our internal bug tracking software to test Ubuntu.

We are happy to announce that the ePass2003 driver was finally committed
to OpenSC staging branch on 8 June 2012.

Here is the log:
https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/commits/staging
Jump to June 8 to see the commits.

OpenSC staging branch is OpenSC official developing branch. So we can now be sure that the ePass2003 code will be available in OpenSC next official release, which is due in a few weeks now. OpenSC next branch also includes secure messaging and a read/write mini driver for Windows as well as several improvements.

We would like to thank all people involved, including Feitian R&D team and Viktor from OpenSC.

We are now working on packaging the staging branch from our build farm to release packages.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel Pouré

Clsoing this issue as epass2003 is now part of next OpenSC official release.